Thursday, November 3, 2011

So here we go....

I never know what to write.  I sit down at my keyboard with all these grandiose ideas about what I want to put into words, and then - blank.  Utterly and completely blank.  So I'm just going to type whatever pops into my head while I'm sitting here.  And you'll forgive me if these blogs ramble a bit, won't you?  Also, typos; one of my "helpers" (kitty #3, Sassy), is doing her best to make sure I hit all the wrong keys.  Some days this is worse, when Kitty #1, TJ, and Kitty #2, Bandit, decide they want in on the action too.  And when our Great Dane, Lily, demands attention as well, it can be kinda difficult to do anything else.  *Grin*

So....  a little about me, I guess.  I'm a 40-something mom of three great kids and grandma to one precious little boy who left us way too soon.  We just found out that we are to be grandparents again, sometime next May or June.  It's a little emotional, but we're both really excited.  I think the waiting is harder now that I'm *not* the one who's carrying the child. 

I'm married to a broadcast engineer whose job keeps him very busy.  We've moved a *lot* over the year, most recently to Wausau, Wisconsin.  Which I love, because there are many places here that remind me of where I grew up (north central West Virginia).  And, it puts me a lot closer to a whole bunch of really cool people I've been wanting to get to know better for a while now.

Okay, I have *got* to change the channel - three hours of 24/7 weather is a bit much.  Be right back.

***

That's better, a crafting show.  I think it's about quilting but right now the nice lady is appliqueing a star onto a piece of fabric, and showing viewers how to turn those pesky corners.  By hand, of course.  By hand is always better! And quilting is yet another one of those Things I Really Want to Learn.  Also on that list are weaving, casting, and woodworking.

Some of the things I already do are calligraphy, illumination, sewing (hand and machine, but I am positively addicted to hand-sewing now), crochet, a little tiny itty bitty bit of knitting (still learning), singing (though rarely in front of anyone), and photography.  I also enjoy rollerblading and ice skating, though I don't get to do either as often as I'd like.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I just realized that it's edging closer and closer to noon, which means I need to get off this machine and go figure out something to make for lunch for the hubby and me.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment