One of the things you will find about me is that my life is very boring.... this morning is, with the exception of it being payday, pretty typical of my mornings since I left my Really Awesome Job in Rapid City.
Woke the hubby at quarter after seven, fed and watered the critters, made coffee and got himself out the door and on his way to work. Then Lily and I went out for her daily morning constitutional. She doesn't particularly care for the frost on her feet so we weren't out for long; she came in after just a few minutes and curled up on her nice cozy bed, where she still lies, dreaming.
Today is payday, so I spent some time balancing the checkbook and paying bills, then washed the dishes and started some brown rice to go with whatever else I make for lunch. Eep - rice! BRB!
Okay, rice is safe. Whew! I hate it when I put something on and then get busy and forget about it... the smoke detector in this tiny little apartment of ours is hard-wired into the electrical system and goes off at the slightest hint of smoke. Plus, it's loud and freaks the critters out.
**********************
Wow! Talk about sitting something down and forgetting about it... I wrote that last sentence at 10:45 a.m. It is now 2:21 p.m. In the interim I have talked to my daughter, walked Lily, had lunch with the hubby, done a search for houses on the internet, made a few phone calls, and completely re-arranged the bedroom.
So speaking of my daughter... she called to tell me about her first ultrasound. The baby is about the size of a jelly bean right now, so she's probably somewhere between 6-8 weeks along; that puts us sometime in June for a due date. The ultrasound today was to measure they baby so they could give her a more exact date, but she and her intended got to see the baby's heart beating - cool bonus! Hubby and I are so excited for them. And excited to be welcoming a new life into the family.
Confession time... <hangs head in shame> I ate an entire can of pie cherries for breakfast. So there. It had to go, I tell you! It has been taunting me from the shelf for at least a week now! So now it is gone, and I won't be tempted anymore.
Geez, it's almost half past two. Need to make the finishing touches to Bedroom #1, and start working on Bedroom #2. What I really want to do is sit and do some hand-sewing, so that will be my reward for finishing the bedrooms and cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. So I guess it's back to mundane tasks for me... catch y'all later!
No comments:
Post a Comment